Enrollment and Residency Verification Checklist 

Proof of parent/guardian identity

parent’s picture id: one from the following list

  • Valid, not expired, California driver’s license or id card
  • Valid, not expired, passport or government/consulate issued picture id

Proof of residency

If you lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence, please contact the school office for further instructions.

“current” means bills or statements within the last 30 days or other items from the most recent year and not expired.

  • Residency document #1 - one from the following list
    • Current vehicle registration with parent/guardian name and address
    • Current w-2 tax forms with parent/guardian name and address
    • Current pay stub - employer & employee name and address must be imprinted
    • Current water bill with parent/guardian name and address
    • Current phone bill (cell phone or landline) with parent/guardian name and address
  • Residency document #2 - one from the following list
    • Original property tax bill with parent/guardian name and property address
      • To request a digital copy of your most recent property tax bill from the San Benito County Assessor's office, send an email to sbcassr@cosb.us Include both the homeowner's full name and parcel number/full property address.
    • Tenant’s copy of rental or lease agreement with minimum of parent/guardian name and address, as well as manager’s or owner’s name and phone number
  • Residency document #3
    • Pacific gas & electric (PG&E) bill, statement, or account confirmation with parent/guardian name & address.
    • If your rental agreement states that utilities (PG&E) are included, then one of the following can be used:
      • Monthly bank statement with parent name and address
      • Monthly cable bill with parent name and address

New resident to asjusd? In addition to the above, you must provide

  • Current immunizations:
    all students must have up to date required immunizations before they can enroll, including the hepatitis b series and t-dap.
  • Documentation of birth: a government issued birth certificate, proof of permanent residency, green card & passports are accepted.
  • Transcripts: parents of middle and high school students are asked to provide academic transcripts from previous school. Withdrawal grades from the previous school will be used as proof of non enrollment at the former school. The withdrawal grades will also be used when selecting classes for the student. The school reserves the right to make final class selection based on need and availability.
  • Proof of participation in a special education program or 504 accommodation plan: parents of special education students must provide the latest, complete IEP or 504 plan paperwork at time of enrollment.
  • Emergency care card and registration card: parent/legal guardian must provide emergency contact information and health care information for the child. If the child will be taking medications on campus, please see the health care clerk (or site staff) for appropriate paperwork and requirements.