Do you have 30 minutes a week to make a difference in YOUR child's education?
There are many opportunities at San Juan School for parents/guardians to get involved.
By volunteering, you not only help your own child to succeed, but you help other children as well. Volunteering helps your child see that you value their efforts at school, respect the teachers and staff’s time and are committed to their education. Please stop by the office to sign the volunteer sheets each time you visit our school.
Language is not a barrier to volunteering, it is an asset. Any time that you are able to dedicate to our school is greatly appreciated! Bring a friend!
Please check all the opportunities you are able to help with this school year:
Classroom: Help the teacher during the school day.
- Make copies, set up art, science projects, sharpen pencils, clean desks, organize homework, practice skills with students, read to/with students, chaperone fieldtrips
- Shelve and repair books.
- Read to students in lower grades in English or Spanish.
- Sit and listen to students read to you in English or Spanish.
- Help edit, photocopy and distribute School Newsletter & Calendar (Once a month)
- Provide support to parents.
- Coordinate and monitor volunteer hours.
- Provide information for DI/classroom newsletter.Facilitate communication with other parents in class.
Volunteer from home:
- Corrections, stapling, filing, sorting, folding, cutting, etc. All necessary tools will be provided. Can be sent home with student.
- Help plan cinco de mayo festival
- Any other upcoming events
Enrichment/After School Activities:
- Book Club, Games
- Provide Spanish magazines and newspaper
- DI Student Newsletter
Grants & Fundraising:
- Apply for grants to benefit our students
- Help Home & School Club coordinate fundraising opportunities
- Campus supervision during recess and lunch
- Cafeteria supervision during lunch
Cultural Arts & Entertainment:
- Music, Folkdance, Dance
- Poetry, Theater Arts
- Update marquee on a weekly basis (can be shared with other parents)
- Help keep weeds & gophers down
- Help maintain garden for students
- Take pictures of school events to update school website (permission from each parent will be required)
- Gather resources and donations for our school
- Advertise school events within our community to promote involvement in our school
Committee Member (monthly):
- Home & School Club (1st Monday)
- Dual Immersion Parent Group (1st Tuesday)
- School Site Council (3rd Tuesday)
- E.L.A.C (4th Thursday)
School Clean-Up Days
- Bring your friends, tools and gloves!